CHEMISTRY AND PHYSICAL PROPERTIES OF ICES:
- *Whalley, E., The physics of ice: Some fundamentals of planetary glaciology, in Ices in the Solar System (J. Klinger et al., eds.), Reidel, 9-37, 1985.
High-pressure ice phases:
- *Poirier, J. P., Rheology of ices: a key to the tectonics of the ice moons of Jupiter and Saturn, Nature, 299, 683-688, 1982.
- Poirier, J.P., et al., Viscosity of high-pressure ice VI and evolution and dynamics of Ganymede, Nature, 292, 225-227, 1981.
Rheology of cold water ice:
- *Durham, W.B., et al., Experimental deformation of polycrystalline H2O ice at high pressure and low temperature: Preliminary results, Proc. LPSC 14th in JGR, 88, B377-B392, 1983.
Rheology of water ice + silicates:
- Durham, W.B., et al., Effects of dispersed particulates on the rheology of water ice at planetary conditions, JGR, 97, 20883-20897.
Properties of ammonia-water mixtures:
- *Kargel, J.S., et al., Rheological properties of ammonia-water liquids and crystal-liquid slurries: Planetological applications, Icarus, 89, 93-112, 1991.
- Miller, S.L., Clathrate hydrates in the solar system, in Ices in the Solar System (J. Klinger et al., eds.), Reidel, 59-79, 1985.